Pray, and Let God Worry!

As some of you know, I was wait-listed in attending Teenpact (if you don't know what that is email/message me) AR. Well anyway the Wednesday night before the week-long class starts I learn that I get to go. Besides the fact that I have no homework, laundry, or packing done, I also learn that our friends the Spanns are going to be spending Sunday night with us before we head to the capital on Monday, needless to say my week just got a whole lot busier. Before I learned that I got to go, I was content yet sad that I did not get to spend the week with some swang teenagers. God had been reminding me of this quote from Martin Luther about God being in control which states,"Pray, and let God worry." So while waiting for news of getting to attend Teenpact, I just put it into God's hand and said if you want me to attend TeenPact its in your hands not mine and if not then I am content with that decision.

While at TeenPact, I had a fantastic time with great memories. Though still God was working on me in different ways. One being elections; during Teenpact there are elections to elect 3 Representatives and 1 Governor during the week, no matter how hard I try I can never get elected. This is frustrating to me because I consider myself a good public speaker ,yet, my party platforms are usually complete opposite to what I believe in and I can't quickly think of a memorable response contrary to what I believe. Plus I see my friends get elected year after year and I compare myself with them and wonder why am I not good enough to be elected?

The second being; Pride how does that go with wondering why I am not good enough? Simple really, I have different areas of pride vs comparing myself with others. I am usually a very outgoing and outspoken person (as you probably know already) ,yet, I talk but I don't listen when other people are talking. Proverbs 18:13 address this, "To answer before listening - that is folly and shame." That is Folly and shame, wow, I am being a shameful fool when I don't listen to others, this is something I have had to work on during class and in general.

Thirdly while at state class, I had several people come up and directly point out something about me that was encouraging to them. Now, don't get me wrong I love compliments as much as anyone! Yet, these particular compliments really gave me a pride boost and I had to immediately remind myself that I did not cause myself to be the person that these people are noticing God did it and God alone. It was not anything that I did or could have done. Instead of me getting the credit, I had to remove myself from the way before Christ could work on me. Another thought that I had on these compliments is people notice who we are, if we are Christians who claim to follow Christ and there is no change in us. I ask you, how do people view our witness? If we are no different than the world, then we either just blend in and or cause a bad light to be shined on all other Christians. However, when we as Christ followers stand out from the crowd and say I am truly following Christ and this decision had completely changed my life and will continue to change my life. People notice.

I know this is a bit late, however, enjoy! And come to National Convention! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Posts