Refocusing Back on God

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25
When you feel down and discouraged, What do you do? Do you wallow in self-pity and feel like your the unluckest person in the world? Or do you focus on the Bigger picture of what God is teaching you?
Whenever Saten is attacking me with discouragement or lies about how about me not being able to do anything for the Kingdom of Christ. Believe me when I am having a bad day it is easy to focus on the bad things of the world.
I face a decision, I can believe the lies or I can beileve that God has a bigger plan for my life. Jer 29:11
Here are some ways that I focus on the bigger picture of life, First I worship the amazing God I serve. If it is repeating the small part of a song over and over again, or singing along with some worship albums there are many ways to worship from the heart.
Secondly after refocusing back on God. I just talk to him or better yet just sit still and listen for His voice "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10 to talk to you because He aready knows who you are and what you are going through, just be quiet and listen for Him. Let that sink in a moment, the Lord and Creator of the Universe already knows about the struggles we are going through. Wow!
God has blessed me with some incredible friends to encourage me and point me back to God. So I encourage you, who do you have in your life that you could encourage? For God says "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ecc 4:9-10 It can be a simplely be a short note in the mail, or give them a ring and talk, just let them know that you are thinking about them.
I know that when I am having a bad day and all discouraged, it is soo encouraging to here from a friend. It helps break the bonds that Saten is trying to cripple me with saying "You are all alone no one can help you with what you are going through, no one knows what is like."
After getting your focus back on God your problems don't seem so huge and frightning anymore because you know God is in control. Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Mathews 19:26

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Hannah! I loved this post! :)You are a wonderful picture of Christ`s humility. Thank you for sharing this....it is sooooo true, & thanks again for being an encouragement to so many (including me)! Oddly enough, I read that particular passage just last night in my quiet time (I have been reading the book of Hebrews). You have given the text a new light! <3 Valen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Posts